Friday, December 18, 2009

Only Lucas...

Today looks like a typical kind of day. Actually I got up a little early, because I knew I had a lot to do. I helped kids get breakfast, did Timothy's spelling test, got Alyssa going on a chore and the rest of the kids settled in school work.

Then I head for the shower. Ahhh, hot steamy water and silence. Within moments, the door opens. Kayla wants help with sentence structure. The door shuts...and opens again. Lucas needs math help. Kayla reenters, more sentence problems. The door shuts again. Finally. I'm alone.

Or not...I hear the scratch of a pencil.

"Is somebody still in here?"
"I am," says Lucas.
"Do you need more help?"
"Nope"
"Then you can leave now."
"Why can't I stay?"
"I'm almost done with my shower and I'm going to get out."
Silence
Apparently, I needed to be blunt.
"And I'm not wearing anything."
"That's ok mom, I've seen people bare before. I won't laugh."

1 comment:

  1. Your dad told us this story over Christmas. Hilarious!

    I'm also finally following your blog! Good to see you at Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete