Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pinch me...

I'm actually sitting in the Ft Myers library right now. Now I know that begs the question, why in the world would I be in the library when I could be on the beach or by the pool?!? But, first let me tell you how I got here!

My VERY sweet husband planned this surprise trip for us back in like February and would have kept it a complete secret if he hadn't accidentally showed me an e-mail between he and his boss outlining what weeks he would be gone right before we left for our big family vacation. oops. He still, however, managed to keep me completely in the dark about our destination and whether the trip was for the whole family or just the two of us.

He can be incredibly secretive. I tried on occasion to pry it out of him, but he wouldn't budge. Not that I was surprised he kept quiet. This is, after all, the man who kept the sex of our third child a secret from me for 4 months of my pregnancy.

Anywho...I thought we were coming here to my parents' condo just because he knows how much I enjoy it and because it is truly relaxing. We've been here many times before and know the area well, so I wouldn't feel like we had to be running around all over trying to see as much as we could in our limited time (not that I would do that :) ). Well, I was right on destination, but with a catch...this time we're here without kids!!! That's a first. We have had an awesome time relaxing, enjoying great food and he's let me walk the beach to my heart's content :).

Now, back to the original question. Why, on earth, am I in the library?? Unfortunately, there are 2 reasons for that. 1- Andrew had a little on-line work to do, so we really had to come in one day. and 2- we are FRIED. Let's just say that Andrew and I actually did our walking this morning between 6:30 & 8 so as not to be pelted by the sun's rays. We were a pretty sad sight last night, slathering on aloe vera like nobody's business.

We better heal up quick, though. Tomorrow we hit a big water park. We're, ummmm, checking it out to make sure it's ok to bring our kids to next fall. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! How fun!! You must be desperate if you got up early enough to be on the beach by 6:30! :) Have fun at the waterpark...we went to one in Wisconsin Dells when we left our kids at Grandma's, too :)

    ReplyDelete