Saturday, August 17, 2013

Waiting (impatiently) for the Go-ahead

& I feel WAY STRESSED OUT.

Why?  Because we might be leaving for Hong Kong in  1 1/2 weeks and we might not.  There are still documents that have to get filed in Hong Kong and there is NOTHING I can do about it.

We have purchased airplane tickets to get there, but we might need to change them (it makes sense mathematically...but not to my heart). 
We might be packing frantically in 1 week (I can't pack too much now because we're still wearing the clothes we will need in Hong Kong), but we might not. 
We might get to meet our much-prayed-over son in 2 1/2 weeks, we might have to wait longer. 
We WILL need to rent an apartment because most hotel rooms in Hong Kong don't fit 7 people...and the ones that do are already booked...and frankly a lot of the decent apartments are booked too.
We WILL need a flight home...preferably in seats close to each other...who am I kidding....at this point I'm getting concerned we won't be able to find 7 seats on one plane for less than 1200 a piece.

I have known for months that we wouldn't have much warning before we traveled to Hong Kong, but I definitely DID NOT get what that would really mean until it was staring me in the face.  And I'm having a really hard time not stressing to the breaking point over it.

I think I could handle all this wait and see stuff better if it was just Andrew and I.  Hotel rooms would be easier, plane tickets would be easier; I think I could be more willing to fly by the seat of my pants.  But with so many of us....the planning gets a LOT more complicated.  And my heart is so ready to go!

Yes, I've read the verses about waiting on the Lord and about Him taking care of His own and about casting my cares. 

But right now, it feels really, really hard. 

Maybe because I'm a planner (with a capital P).  But maybe more than my control-freakedness, it is because Faith is never so hard as when I have to put it into action.  When I'm scared that we won't get to fly home together....that we'll end up in an apartment that doesn't include bed linens (yes, there are a lot of those), the only toilet doesn't work and it's in the noisiest part of the city....and that it will be that much longer before we get to see this boy face to face:


We need to get there soon, right?



ps.  Please pray for me to really leave my concerns in my very capable Savior's hands and please pray He takes care of all these details...thanks!
 

2 comments:

  1. Sandy... a thousand thoughts rush through my head... among them, "this is where the rubber hits the road..." I'm reminded of April & Brian's devastating experience when it came time to pick up Judah & Addise... which ended up being an amazing God-showed-up thing. Praying God "settles you down" (Phil. 4: 6-7 MSG)... how many times I've clung to those verses for dear life. Love you guys! Thx for asking for prayer... a.sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - wanna echo my wise momma. Instant tears reading your journey and remembering our own. If it's helpful, go back to my blog posts from December 2010-January 2011. I blogged a lot about this same season you are now in. Looking at your son's face I KNOW how much you want to bring him home and love on him. Praying God makes a way!!!!

    ReplyDelete